Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

What's your schedule for June 5th and 6th?

Old 05-31-2004, 06:08 PM
cone junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grip is good if you run later in the day....I was 5th car out, so it was a bit slick, but awesome on Sunday.

I'm not too worried about practice starts....its so easy in my car, 3500 rpm, side-step it at the 3rd yellow, and foot to the floor until you have to turn.

We'll be trailering the MR2, so I don't know if we'll be able to keep up with you on the highway, but we'll see. I'll let you know whats going on as i figure it out.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 06-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Turbo>NA

which place we can have more runs? I'm sure many cars are out to Sebring.
1990 R32 Skyline (RB25 powered )GONE
1987 Toyota Corolla GTS (NEVER DIE)

anti-oval drift association
Old 06-01-2004, 12:36 PM
plain old member

More runs at Ft. Myers on Saturday during the test and tune - only 3 or 4 runs there on sunday. It'll depend on how many show up for Sebring but I'm hoping we'll get 4 or 5 runs each day at a minimum
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:58 AM
F K D

Well, it's work Saturday and calling in sick Sunday to do Ft. Myers.
Wish I could do DC...
Old 06-03-2004, 09:52 PM

Sebring course maps are up.
Looks nice.
http://www.cfrsolo2.com/Flyers2004/Sebring_06_05_04.pdf
http://www.cfrsolo2.com/Flyers2004/Sebring_06_06_04.pdf

Jeremy

Old 06-08-2004, 06:00 AM
who stole my intercooler?

shoulda gone to ft myers, sebring sucked. i enjoyed watching the club racers more than i did driving my 3 runs at the autox...

i'll go to a sunriders event any day over another sebring autox if cfr-east is in charge!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Northeast = No Autox

Second that. Worst run event i have ever been to. Started way late, stupid schedule for lunch, and on a 65-70 second course with 3 cars on course and only 70 or so drivers and only 3 runs. Amature hour over there at CFR east. Last event they run i will ever do.

On a positive note Club Races are cool. If you ever get a chance to check one out its worth it. Probably some of the best fender to fender racing I have ever scene.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:34 AM

As y'all know, I'm not much involved with CFR, but I'll step up to their defense anyway.

Remember, Neal and Katie moved away recently. They were the driving force behind the Solo II events on this side of the state. This is one of the first, if not THE first event that CFR has done without them, and I'm sure there were a lot of wrinkles.

Three runs kinda sucks... but they WERE three 70-second runs. Equivalent to six 35-second runs. No all THAT bad as far as autocrosses go.

I'm just trying to get a little more optomism going here... don't give up on them just yet. Maybe ask how you can help if you have the time to offer.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:47 AM
autocross*****.com

Yeah - I thought the course wasn't that great... and the lunch break was a little long... but it doesn't mean that I won't go back. I am looking forward to their first event at the Brooksville site... lets see how that goes.

And Loren has a great point... If you don't like how things go with a certain club, become a member, volunteer, and GET INVOLVED. If you have ideas to help improve the experience I am sure they would like to hear about it - not just complaints, but solutions.

anyway... don't give up just yet.

adamb

http://www.autocrossforum.com
Current: 2004 Torch Red w/ red interior z06
Sold: 2000 Corvette Convertible - Dark Bowling Metallic Green
Old 06-08-2004, 12:05 PM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by mofugga
i'll go to a sunriders event any day over another sebring autox if cfr-east is in charge!
CFR-East has the worst run events I have ever seen. Their run/work schedule is the worst in the country. The last CFR-east event I went to I got three 29 second runs!!!! I refuse to run another event that they organize. I don't run MSCC events for the same reason, the HORRIBLE run/work schedule.

BTW, I went to FT Myers on Sunday, and there were more than a few people there that had done Sebring the day before.