Old 05-21-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want some Mud Bugs and beer!

Jamal
Old 05-21-2004, 03:58 PM
bucket

Originally posted by Muddy
I REALLY got lucky when I moved here from New Orleans a few years ago and I met a bunch of fellow New Orleanians here in Pinellas. We ALWAYS eat well when we get together and we have 5-6 crawfish boils a year. A crawfish boil is the only thing that takes precedence over an autox for me.
...not to thread-jack, but I might be moving to new orleans and was wondering how the autox and racing stuff is over there?

I might hit up the porsche event if I still have tire left, I had fun at the other rally-cross last weekend
Old 05-21-2004, 06:45 PM
The Fat Cobra

I think this thread is really wandering, but oh well. NO has a small, but dedicated scca region. They are one of the few clubs that are still able to use a military installation. They run on a old runway, smaller than Ft Myers, and nowhere close to the condition of Ft Myers, either. Here is their website. You just have to be careful not to do this:

Old 05-21-2004, 06:49 PM
The Fat Cobra

You will probably do this:

Also, Matt Dooner races out there. He moved there from Naples(?) to attend Tulane.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:37 PM
F K D

Z'Hills isn't that bad, surface wise. It's dusty all over but a few areas do grip well since there are really 3 distinctly different surfaces. There are a few areas that are always slick. So, yes I overexageratted when I said "dirt-o-rama". It does feel very similar to a clean asphalt course that's damp, though. It's good practice, as I found out in Atlanta. Without Z'Hills I may not have known what to expect when the car wants to do crazy shit with every input you give it.

I think I'm getting stuck working all weekend which totally sucks. I'll be missing the super secret deal and the dust bowl.

FLMCoupe, sorry I haven't come to get the tapes. Brandon/Valrico just hasn't been on my 75 mile daily round trip since switching stores (again). I do need them as my last one ran out on us @ GIR, missing Aarons #2 PAX run. Both times he's beat me somethings been wrong with the camera. He probably thinks it was on purpose . I had a nice 180* to 180*back that I'd like to have - felt like I was skateboarding again. No style points though going O/C on the last and most important run.

T.Morrow
Old 05-22-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
I had a nice 180* to 180*back that I'd like to have - felt like I was skateboarding again. No style points though going O/C on the last and most important run.
I did the same thing in the same spot on my last run.

The person before me spun there and probably kicked up some dirt on the track. [/end lame excuse] So I added some dirt of my own.

I forgot to push the clutch in as well, and I could smell the results of that.

on topic: I might be at the dust bowl tomorrow.

Jeremy