Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

5/8 Sunriders Wrap up

Old 05-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Rockin the Wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5/8 Sunriders Wrap up

Had a blast out there today. Definately worth paying the extra money for the school. Had so many runs I actually got physically exhausted from driving so much(almost fell asleep on the way home). Also wanted to thank all the instructors who critiqued my driving and helped me get the bes time I could. Can't wait til primus next month!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:39 PM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

Damn you car! but yeah I still had a really good time. Thanks everyone who let me drive there car, it was fun!
Old 05-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Glad y'all enjoyed it.

Just finished typing in all the results, they're on the SunRiders Autox website.

FYI, for the student times, I just took their first 4 runs to show a baseline, and then their last 4 runs (minus any DNF's)... and if their best run wasn't in the last 4, I put it in there, too.

Looks like most of our students (except for car-slut Matt) all showed a solid improvement of at least 2 seconds. Wish I could have done that!
Old 05-08-2004, 06:59 PM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

ggrr, dammit jonas you did it now. The 42.050 is my time loren...I forgot which car it was in though ahahaha. But yeah, we need more people who know timing, so times dont get messed up. feel free to change that and yes im a car slut.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:06 PM

Are you sure the 42.501 wasn't yours, Matt? It was a later run, and I don't think he took many more runs (if any) after you drove his car. I'm not going to change it, anyway. Doesn't matter.

BTW, I'll try to get the complete student times into a spreadsheet and email them to the students just so you can see all of your runs. (or at least the ones we got times on)
Old 05-08-2004, 07:10 PM
"the apex hero"

That was alot of fun. I probably could have improved my times but my car kept sliding...err...yeah

Sunriders are a great group of people. Props to them

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 sedan expert.
APXRO: JZX100 Chaser "Odaiba Romance" 815HP/DG B1 2 overhauls. secret weapon
PM!: UCF10 Celsior "Jealousy" 810HP/DG B3 0 overhauls. vs battle car
Old 05-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Rockin the Wagon

ya there was a 42.050 and that was possibly matt. I had a damn good run but the timing people didn't get it and it was around there. Oh well I still had my 42.355 sometime in there.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:30 PM

I had a great time today, and I finally got my brother to try autocrossing. He had a blast! I don't know anywhere else you can get 6-7 runs. The only complaint is the "frickin" heat. I am cooked...well done! I vote we move these events to Tropicana Field or the Ice Palace during the summer months!
See you at Primus next month.
Scott
Old 05-09-2004, 04:08 AM
The Fat Cobra

I had a good time. After the first few runs many of the students told me they did not want me to ride with them. So I spent the rest of the day instructing Denis O'Donnell, who had a 4 second improvement for the day. I spent some time with Billy Young as well, who had a 3 second improvement on the day and was just a few tenths behind me at the end of the day.

My fast time was a 41.2. I suppose I could have made it into the 40s if I had used first gear on the decreasing radius. I certainly would have helped me make that first turn after the slalom that I always pushed through.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by Muddy
I had a good time. After the first few runs many of the students told me they did not want me to ride with them.
About half of our 10 students were there mainly just to get some extra seat time, which was fine. I never bothered "asking" if they wanted me to run with them, I just hopped in when I felt like it! After the first run group, I was a little more casual about it and didn't try to jump in on every run, just popped in from time to time to see how people were improving and if there were any lingering problem areas I could help them with.

So I spent the rest of the day instructing Denis O'Donnell, who had a 4 second improvement for the day. I spent some time with Billy Young as well, who had a 3 second improvement on the day and was just a few tenths behind me at the end of the day.
I rode with several other people, too. It was fun!

My fast time was a 41.2. I suppose I could have made it into the 40s if I had used first gear on the decreasing radius. I certainly would have helped me make that first turn after the slalom that I always pushed through.
2nd gear worked for everything. The entry to the slalom was all about swinging wide after the 90 and braking early to set up for it and not accelerating (or braking) until you got past the 2nd slalom cone. I only downshifted back to first at the end of the slalom... and I think if I'd found the perfect line through there, even that downshift was unnecessary.

It was definitely a challenging course from both a driving perspective and a visualization perspective. You really had to be on the ball to get through it.

Last edited by Loren; 05-09-2004 at 06:17 AM.