Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Need help in Brooksville this Saturday.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in Brooksville this Saturday.

We need help cleaning up our new autocross site in Brooksville this Saturday May 8th.

If you come and help us clean up this Saturday, you would PROBABLY be invited to a private test session at the site on a future date. I can't make any promises, but it only seems fair.

E-mail Albert, the SCCA Chief of Timing and Scoring at
asp1981 (at) att.net
if you would like to come.

Everyone is welcome.

Jeremy

Old 05-06-2004, 04:42 AM
The Fat Cobra

I already volunteered to help the sunriders on Saturday, otherwise I would help. If you will be out there, please take some pics and/or give us some details on the site.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:01 PM
OUCH!!!

For those of you who DIDN't make it out today to help prep this site, you missed out.

It's a runway. 150ft wide. Approximately 5000ft long. There is a motorcycle training school that uses the first 1/3 of it 3 out of 4 weekends, so the odds are that we will typically only have 3300ft available to us for paddock, grid, and the course. (Either way, it's gonna be a real treat). Both sides are lined by smooth grass runoff (one side is actually a hay field).

The surface itself is in VERY good shape. It doesn't dust off sand under pressure like the GCA site in Ft Myers. There is quite a bit of grass growing in the seams between the concrete sections (which are 25ft x 12.5ft), but hopefully our work today will knock alot of that down.

We'll definitely need to be observant when walking the course as there are loose chunks of concrete at some of the joints that we'll need to pick up and lay off to the side in a pile to be disposed of. I also did come across one rather large screw while out there. We've all seen it before and will need to be extra aware since this is a new location.

All in all, it looks to be a teriffic site. Arguably the best in the state. WHOOT!!!!!!!!

AND A NOTE TO EVERYONE! WE MUST BE RESPECTFUL OF THE MOTORCYCLE GROUP. THIS IS THEIR SITE AND AIRPORT MANAGEMENT IS WILLING TO ALLOW US TO USE IT SO LONG AS THEY ARE WILLING TO SHARE IT. IT'S BEEN THEIRS FOR A LONG TIME, SO WE NEED TO BE GRATEFUL.

Last edited by Leonard; 05-08-2004 at 03:06 PM.