Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

GCAC this weekend?

Old 04-29-2004, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GCAC this weekend?

Who's going? Todd? Still got your tapes, want 'em back?

Jamal
Old 04-29-2004, 09:45 PM

I am planning on going.

Jeremy

Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 PM
The Fat Cobra

Let us know how it went. I was partying in New Orleans for Jazz Fest.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:35 PM
F K D

Yes I'll need those back. Thanks again for getting them online. I may be at GIR next Sunday. Are you going?

Muddy, your pure evil feline is ready to be picked up ASAP. I think you'll have to bag her since she still hisses at me if I even look at her wrong.

How was GCAC? Dry? Sorry I had to miss it. I was getting all soggy in Atlanta and putting the Z's in thier rightful place.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:31 AM
plain old member

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
How was GCAC? Dry?
Not Quite. The morning was dry but most of the morning was spent waiting for timer parts to arive - spent about an hour and 20 minutes waiting on the grid. First car left the line about 11:30am. Rained pretty good after lunch but stopped prior to any cars running. My second run was almost completely dry but the rain started again before I got out of the car after the run. The water was about a half inch deep while I was changing tires. I decided to skip my last run and right before I left, they called the race anyway cause the rain was bad enough that the kept getting false trips of the timers.
131 drivers!!! 3 runs - although I'm not sure that many people got all three. The course was not quite as fast as last time but was more fun. Jamal - Post a video!
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:22 AM

It was a great course! It included part of the turn-around from Saturday's course. I got 2 dry runs and one with half the course wet and the other half dry. It's a good thing I picked the G group, I had a feeling it was gonna rain! I'll try to post a video tonight.

Not sure about GIR on Sunday, so if you need them before Sunday let me know and we can arrange something. How was Atlanta? Are the results up anywhere?

How was the Jazz Fest Muddy? I was there in '92, got to see/hear some great Blues! I heard the Fest has become too commercial like... keep forgetting to ask, is "Muddy" a Nawlin's thing or Muddy Waters thing?

Jamal
Old 05-03-2004, 07:38 AM
autocross*****.com

I was there - I was in G Group as well. so 2 runs dry - one 1/2 wet.

I know that some only got one run in - David Lehman in his z06 is one example - and he DNFd on his only run.

I liked the course. there were some pretty good sections - and a couple that gave me fits.

adamb

http://www.autocrossforum.com
Current: 2004 Torch Red w/ red interior z06
Sold: 2000 Corvette Convertible - Dark Bowling Metallic Green
Old 05-03-2004, 10:08 AM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by flmcoupe
How was the Jazz Fest Muddy? I was there in '92, got to see/hear some great Blues! I heard the Fest has become too commercial like... keep forgetting to ask, is "Muddy" a Nawlin's thing or Muddy Waters thing?
Jazz Fest doesn't seem too commercial to me, or even some of my friends that have been going since the 70s. I didn't see a lot of blues, only Coco Robicheaux and Mark Broussard. I go there mainly for the jazz, food, and the headline act. Although it is nice to wander around the fairgrounds and stop when you hear something good.
Muddy is from getting Jesse's car muddy by spinning through a mud puddle at a PRO event in AL last year. I have since repeated the act in the miata.

Todd, give me a call tonight and I will come pick her up. I was afraid she may be unhappy with another cat around.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:00 PM
SR20 power!

you guys that were there saterday, waht cars did you drive, i had the lame job of filming, i was the guy with the 2 cameras sitting on the bench the whole time if anyone saw me.

Last edited by XcessBoost; 05-03-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:26 PM
autocross*****.com

Originally posted by XcessBoost
you guys that were there saterday, waht cars did you drive, i had the lame job of filming, i was the guy with the 2 cameras sitting on the bench the whole time if anyone saw me.
I was there - driving the green c5 vert.

http://www.autocrossforum.com
Current: 2004 Torch Red w/ red interior z06
Sold: 2000 Corvette Convertible - Dark Bowling Metallic Green