Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Race Some Mazda Products For $40

Old 03-19-2004, 10:40 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ford peices have been used for a while now....we shall see...i think they should be ok...but you are right 2900 lbs is a bit too heavy 'specially for fwd

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Grift Consultant

9th run group on 6/19. $40 seems a little steep, but at least i don't have to use my car.
"The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable." ~Andrea Dworkin

"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law." ~Henry David Thoreau, 1849

That's right, bitches, TWO quotes!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:14 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by SR20DET
Yeah.. and besides Ford pieces are going on these new ones
nope....totally mazda

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 03-19-2004, 02:15 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by BodyRollin'
ford peices have been used for a while now....we shall see...i think they should be ok...but you are right 2900 lbs is a bit too heavy 'specially for fwd
no, they haven't. Nothing is even shared in the 99-03 cars.

Ford's now using mazda motors, but nothing goes the opposite direction. Ford uses mazda parts....mazda has NEVER used a Ford part.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
F K D

You mean mechanical, right? There are plenty of crappy plastic Ford trim pieces in the Mazda's I sell, other than the Japanese made RX-8. That's made in a city, turned crater, turned city - Hiroshima...wow, what a rebound.

T.Morrow
Old 03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
plain old member

Is that why they seem to have an iridescence to them? I thought it was just fancy paint.
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:01 AM
RE-Member

Originally posted by PseudoRealityX

but nothing goes the opposite direction. Ford uses mazda parts....mazda has NEVER used a Ford part.
Sorry Jesse I have to disagree.
All Mazda’s pickups from 1994 on are ford under the skin, as well as all their SUVs.

Eddie
Old 03-20-2004, 05:35 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Originally posted by Formula KZ1000
Sorry Jesse I have to disagree.
All Mazda’s pickups from 1994 on are ford under the skin, as well as all their SUVs.

Eddie
Originally posted by OversteerS2K
You mean mechanical, right? There are plenty of crappy plastic Ford trim pieces in the Mazda's I sell
thank you, that is all.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 03-20-2004, 08:55 AM
RE-Member

BodyRollin

The motors and trans and rear are all ford peices on the 94 to 200? mazda pickups, not just "crappy plastic Ford trim pieces ".
Old 03-20-2004, 10:59 AM
F K D

I'm not saying Ford's are crap. There is just a noticable difference between the quality and appearance of interior trim components on a Japanese made Mazda and a domestic (at least North American) made Mazda. I haven't had a 3 and a Focus or a 6 and a Taurus side by side, but would assume they use many of the same panels/covers/etc.

That seems to be he norm with most companies. The BMW's assembled in South Carolina (3's, Z's, X's) all suffer from crappy interior quality vs. their German counterparts, as well. Honda's no different with a Jap. S-2000 vs. an Ohio Accord. Go to a Chrysler dealer and look at a Crossfire vs. anything else in their line. Then look at the assembly points on the Maroney labels... (off subject) - Anyone seen the previews for the supercharged Crossfire? 330hp. and stiffer suspension. Maybe they'll get away from the 19's in the rear so someone can actually autocross one on race rubber.

On the Mazda subject. We're hearing the MazdaSpeed RX-8 will be out in the fall. Contrary to the magazine write-ups, it will peak around 275 hp., have a little more torque, wind up faster, have stiffer springs and sway bars, a mild aero pack, and be available w/o a roof/leather/Bose. Sounds like the 2005 BS car to have and you can throw a set of wheels in the back seat with an entire trunk left over.

T.Morrow