Auto-X/Road Racing For Sale Auto-X/Road Racing related items for sale

Where/Who does FIA/RA spec cage work?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered User gone bad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where/Who does FIA/RA spec cage work?

I'm kinda new to the area and still finding my footing. I'm considering turning my XR into a dedicated double duty track/rally car and might want to cage it eventually. In the meantime I'd like to have a harness bar/rear shock tower brace done, including boxing the towers. Is there anyone in the area that can do that kind of work and knows FIA/RA rules and specs? I don't wanna end up at some roundy-round shop or ricer factory.

Any info much appreciated.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 PM
legend behind the cowl

I've built a couple cages for Club and Pro level rally cars. SCCA and Now Nasa/RA

Lucky for you I have Goumba's X-RAT Sitting here to use as a nice movable Jig. Actually that car is getting caged too Hopefully I'll get him down here and we can do both cars at once. It's easier to build 2 of everything at the same time.

Price is $180 Per Point. 6-8-10 or more.

There are some Pre-homologated FIA cages. all this does is avoid inspection at scruitneering. but they typically sell for 1400 brittish pounds add shipping and it's way cost prohibitive over building.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Registered User gone bad

Originally Posted by treekiller
I've built a couple cages for Club and Pro level rally cars. SCCA and Now Nasa/RA
Thanks for the reply... I thought you probably would, which is excellent. And I actually knew that the other XR was there... I've spoken to him via PMs on another forum. Unfortunately, I'm just not in the position to go with a full cage right now since the car is still a daily driver and I haul my kids in it. But maybe I could do a 4 or 6 point later this year and then upgrade as I need/can afford. For right now I'd like to tie the rear shock towers together, with the idea that it would work with future cage additions.

In any case, I'd like to come visit your shop and get an idea of the work you do and the scene in general. I'll give a call or PM and see if there is a good/bad time to visit.