Paint Protection - Clear Bra Information - Tampa

Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Protection - Clear Bra Information - Tampa

Hello everyone.
I just wanted to post some information about paint protection film. Auto Paint Guard inc., located in Tampa has been applying clear bra – invisible bras for over 11 years now. We have completed over 5,000 vehicles and consider one of the best in the nation. Below is just some information that we have learned over the years and would like to share with you.

There are 3 factors that are a price driver for a clear bra. They are Film, Design Pattern and Installer.

Film Choices:
The most common films are 3M, Clearshield, Venture, Xpel, Avery and Llumar films. We currently stock all and use them on a regular basis. Depending on the environment, type of vehicle, driving style, I would recommend different films. In Florida since we have the bad love bug problem, I only recommend 3M, Avery and Clearshield on daily driven cars as they have the best clear coats available. The clear coat allows for easier cleanings and is scratch resistant. The non top coat films don’t hold up to the acidic acid as well as the top coated films.
Film Warranties:
3M – 5 Years Covers Film and Labor
Clearshield – 5 Years Covers Film and Labor
Venture – Life Time Film and NO Labor
Xpel – 7 Years Covers Film and Labor
Avery – 7 Years Covers Film and Labor
Llumar – 5 Years Covers Film and Labor
Design Patterns:
There are also many design pattern companies such as Xpel, Proform, Computer Cut, Llumar, and Invisible Patterns. The best 2 companies hands down are going to be Xpel and Proform. Since they are the best they are also the most expensive, but you get what you pay for. J The main differences are the quality of the kits. Xpel and Proform strive to make sure all of the edges wrap or are perfectly 1/16” away from the edge. Most of the kits you find on-line for sale are the other patterns. The fitment isn’t as good, coverage is minimal and is free for the installer to cut out.

Installer:
The experience, skill and knowledge of the installer are critical to any successful installation. A properly installed film does not have stretch marks, “grab” marks, lift lines, or large gaps around the edges of the pattern. You don’t want just anyone installing a paint protection kit. You also don’t want the un-experienced using a razor blade near your paint. I’ve seen horrible installs that installer damaged the paint.

Quick notes:
1. There are full hood and full fenders available for the people that don’t want to see a line going across the hood.
2. Use spray wax or plexus only on the film. Regular paste waxes will build up a white line around the edges.
3. Wax the car prior to installation. This will allow the film to be easily removed years down the road. Recommend removing the film before 5 years in Fl.
4. When removing the film slightly lift the film and stretch off at a slight angle.

Summary:
At the end of the day all of the paint protection films do an outstanding job protecting your paint. Hopefully this information will help answer some questions. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank You.
Ryan Burroughs
13767 N Nebraska Ave
Tampa, FL 33613
813-505-3868
www.autopaintguard.com
ryan@autopaintguard.com