Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

'06 Silverado - Stereo Install

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I like what you did to your truck. i also have a chevy silverado. I'm running into a problem (i didnt buy the safety module) now when my truck is off my cd player is on... Where and how can i put the acc cable from my cd player to the truck so that it turns off and on with the key? Also, my cd player sleeve; how does this get mounted? i cant find a place to screw it in and my cd player is slanted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM

hey bro, i got me a truck and i put in (2) 8" mtx subs and i had a direct 2150 amp sounds good i just need a good h/u
Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 PM
CRACK!!!

After you got everything buttoned up is there still a gap between the radio bezel and the dash in the top left corner?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
mikiemike75

the cutting off of the amp could be a number of things... you could either be over powering the subs to a point to where the amp has a built in protection circut if it sences that its putting out to much power it will cut off... also could be your rem wire... what size fuse is it conected to... it could be drawling to much power from that fuse and cutting off intill it gets enough power back...just a few ideas to check and think about... nice install and nice headunit i had one for a bit but sold it with my car... also like the other guy said is there still a gap around the head unit and trim bezzle... anyhow clean install man....

Built By:Mike Carpenter @ Overdose Performance in Ocala,Fl...
Tuned By: Tony Gannon @ Hp Performance
hp~5!! trq-4!!

doing work!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Damn, talk about reviving the dead {thread}. This thread was over months ago. We actually wired all of MiDiablo's (Josh) amp, accessories, etc and got all the quirks out.

To the other guy who just put in his own head unit. You need to tap the orange accessory wire from the ignition switch harness for your accessory feed to the radio. You currently have both your memory wire and your accessory wire both tapped into the full time 12 volt feed at the HU.

Also, Metra makes a kit for your truck that will make the stereo and sleeve fit perfectly. Part #99-2003 usually for most Chevy pickups. It runs about $15 at any stereo shop.

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 11-19-2011, 07:59 AM

have a 2006 silverado 1500 crewcab. cant find amplifier or amplifiers.looks like under each front seat not center consule.speakers wont work unless it is over 90 degrees outside.can you help?my email is softeagle@msn.com thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 07:35 AM

Hey Softeagle, give me a call at the shop and Ill see if I can help you out. I was the installer who work out all the quirks my boss posted about earlier in this thread. 813-362-5454
(813)-362-5454
WWW.MCORAUTOMOTIVE.COM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MCO...60650170664559